SKV Group was formed to offer clients independent thinking, independent pricing and “wow” service. We show up every day looking for ways to improve the lives of our clients. We make it a priority to learn what is most important to our clients, their goals, feelings about risk, their family, and charitable interests. Helping clients professionally, and/or personally energizes us and is our purpose.
Michael Kaminski and Jorgen Vik are both Advisors and Certified Financial Planners™ professionals with over 40 years of wealth management experience combined. Corlis Douglas and Robin Davis have been customer service professionals for over 30 years.
SKV clients are encircled by the entire team. We each dedicate time to building expertise in different areas. Through teamwork we can collectively, competently cover many important aspects of our clients’ lives.
SKV aims to become the sole financial services, wealth management advisors for kind, decent people who follow advice.
We believe ...
- Optimism is rational. Today is better than yesterday. Tomorrow is brighter than today. The path of history is up.
- Investor behavior is the single biggest determinant of investor success. Value is added during periods of market duress or euphoria, when the temptation to abandon a well-thought out plan is strongest. Successful investing is contingent more upon helping a client manage emotion than on managing their money. Have you ever sold all or a substantial part of your equity investments during a crisis and a major market decline? We work with our clients to educate them during these market conditions. We strive to be their “big mistake” insurance. The cost of a “big mistake” far exceeds the cost of our coaching.
- Goals will not be reached when an investor relies upon superior security selections “skills” and/or market timing strategies. We are planners, not prognosticators.
- Diversification is the only long term, time tested wealth management strategy that consistently works. Permanent loss is designed to be avoided in a properly diversified portfolio. Because at any moment a diversified portfolio may have short-term “winners” and “losers”, the temptation to chase performance can be very strong.
- Faith, Discipline, and Patience are the key ingredients we try to use in any comprehensive wealth management plan.
Asset allocation and diversification are investment methods used to help manage risk. They do not guarantee investment returns or eliminate risk of loss including in a declining market